Standards and Assessment Peer Reviewer, Grant Proposal Reviewer, for the U. S. Department of Education. 2005 – present.
Faculty, California State University, Sacramento. Psychology Department. Psychological Testing 120. Spring 2007.
Administrator, Standards and Assessment, California Department of Education. November, 2000 – August 2006 (Retired). Responsible for:
- California English Language Development Test (CELDT), 1.7 million students tested annually
- Statewide Physical Fitness Test, 1.3 million students tested annually
- California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE), 10,000 students tested annually
- General Educational Development (GED) Program, 45,000 students tested annually
- Supervision of psychometric staff for statewide testing
- Technical advisory groups for statewide testing
- Standards and Assessment Peer Review for NCLB (development of the California submission and federal review team leader)
Consultant, Special Education, California Department of Education, Assessment Evaluation and Support Unit. July 1998 – November, 2000. Technical and program support for statewide assessment and for alternate assessment for students with disabilities.
Consultant, Standards, Curriculum and Assessment, California Department of Education and the Intersegmental Coordinating Committee of the California Education Round Table, July 1997 - June 1998. Development of Mathematics assessment standards for high school.
Consultant, California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, March 1995 - June 1997. Technical support for teacher assessment programs.
Coordinator, Planning, Effectiveness, and Accountability Unit, Chancellor's Office, California Community Colleges, May 1990 - February 1995. Development of accountability procedures and reports for community colleges.
Consultant, California Department of Education, Educational Planning and Information Center, March, 1984 to April, 1990. California Assessment Program, February, 1980 to February, 1984. Independently design, conduct, and report on assessment, evaluation, and accountability projects.
Faculty, California State University, Sacramento, Psychology Department, research methods, Spring 1983 and 1984.
Evaluation Specialist, Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory, Chapter 1 Evaluation Technical Assistance Centers, January, 1979 to January, 1980. Portland, Oregon. Provide evaluation technical assistance to states in the western region of the U.S.
Senior Staff Associate, Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education, (WICHE), January, 1978 to January, 1979. Boulder, Colorado. Provide technical support for a nursing education research project.